Envision IT is Microsoft Gold Partner. We specialise in delivering projects on a 'Fixed Cost' and 'Fixed Time' basis. This applies to Dynamics 365 and Dynamics 365 Business Central as well. If you are looking to implement your Dynamics 365 project quickly, do not want to get trapped into
ambiguous 'hourly consulting prices, then you are at the right place. We will provide you 'simple and clear' prices and description of what we will deliver. Further, our projects are known for high reliability and ultra-low maintenance. No project is too big or too small. We have delivered small projects in 6 weeks to large projects in 10 months.
How it works?
We are good for projects that require quick delivery. We are able to commit to a budget because we do the
diligence before the project starts. Before pricing, we may have several conversations with you to finalise scope of work and the price. In this transparent process, we discuss project scope in reasonable details and work on the ways to deliver it within your budget and time.
What is Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central?
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is an integrated ERP for micro, small and mid-sized organizations. It covers finance, manufacturing, sales, shipping, project management, services, and many other within one product. It automates and streamlines business processes. You can integrate Business Central with other systems such as 'third party logistics (also known as 3PL)', warehousing CRM such as Dynamics 365 CRM, Hubspot
etc. Dynamics Business Central is highly adaptable and comes with rich with features. Organisations such as businesses, charity and non-profit, education and academic, and even highly specialised industries can easily customise and add functionality that is relevant to the region of operation.
Functionality covered in Dynamics 365 Business Central
Dynamics 365 Business Central covers the following functions. Please contact us for further details:
- Finance: Business Central includes a standard configuration of most financial processes. This however can be changed to suit specific business type. The default configuration includes a chart of accounts and standard posting groups that make the process of assigning default general ledger posting accounts to customers, suppliers, and items more efficient.
- Sales: Create a sales invoice or sales orders specifying delivery and payment terms. The sales orders process is used when the sales process requires shipment of parts of an order quantity or drop shipment. You can integrate it with tracking process internally or 3PL service providers.
- Purchasing: Create a purchase invoice or purchase order to record the cost of purchases and to track purchase ledger. The purchase invoices can also used to dynamically update inventory levels so that you can minimise your inventory costs and provide better customer service. The purchasing costs, service expenses, and inventory values that result from posting purchase invoices
automatically update profit figures and other financial KPIs in the Role Centre.
- Inventory: Create an item cards for all type of Inventory, record inventory receipt (or acquisition) and
dispatch (or disposal), keep 'catalogue' that you deal or trade but do not stock or keep inventory of, convert
catalogue items into inventory. While inventory items are automatically updated with purchase or receipt and sales or
dispatch, update quantity of an item in inventory can also be done by posting directly to the item ledger entries, for example, after a physical count or when purchases are not recorded.
- Project Management: Business Central provides functionality for common project management tasks, such as configuring a job and scheduling a resource, as well as providing the information needed to manage budgets and monitor progress. It can be configured to track machine and employee hours on the project by using time sheets. With Business Central, a project manager can have a good overview, not only of individual jobs, but also of the allocation of employees, machinery and other resources being used in all projects.
- Fixed Assets Overview: The Business Central Fixed Assets functionality provides an overview of fixed assets and provides for periodic depreciation. It facilitates tracking of maintenance costs, manage insurance policies, post fixed asset transactions, and generate various reports and statistics. This is achieved by setting up a card containing information about the asset. The assets can be set up in a structured manner such as buildings or production equipment as a main asset with a component list, and you can group them in various ways, such as by class, department, or location. Fixed assets can be acquired or sold and it possible to include any anticipated acquisitions and sales in reports.
Central supports several
depreciation methods and it is done
by running a report to calculate
periodic depreciation and fill in a
journal with the resulting entries,
ready to be posted.
- Relationship Management: The Business Central relationship management provides functionality for managing and supporting your sales efforts. The functionality maintains complete and accurate information of interactions with customers and contact segments. With this, Dynamics Business Central users can can serve prospective customers more efficiently and increase customer satisfaction.
- Human Resources: Business Central can keep detailed records of employees. The employees can be set up with basic information and associated with various codes It maintains employee information, such as employment contracts, confidential information, qualifications, and employee contacts and employee absences. , which allows you to analyse registered absences as necessary.
- Production Planning: Business Central provides complete set of features for production planning and control. Planning can be seen as the preparation of required supply orders in the purchasing, assembly, or manufacturing departments to fulfil sales or end-item demand. For more information, see Purchasing, Assembly Management, and Manufacturing.This involves production operations required to transform inputs into finished goods must be planned daily or weekly depending on the volume and nature of the products. This also includes supply orders that can be either production, assembly, transfer, or purchase orders. The main interface for this planning work is the Planning Worksheet page. This module also supports supply planning for wholesale companies where the resulting supply orders can only be transfer and purchase orders. The main interface for this planning work is the Requisition Worksheet page, which is described indirectly in this topic as most planning functionality applies to both worksheets.
- Assembly Management: Business Central includes features to assemble items that integrate with existing features, such as sales, planning, reservations, and warehousing to support companies that supply products to their customers by combining components in simple processes without the need of manufacturing functionality. An assembly item is defined as a sellable item that contains an assembly BOM. Similar to production orders, assembly orders are internal orders. These are used to manage the assembly process and to connect the sales requirements with the involved warehouse activities. Assembly orders differ from other order types because they involve both output and consumption when posting. The assembly order header behaves similarly to an output journal line, and the assembly order lines behave similarly to consumption journal lines.
To support a just-in-time inventory strategy and the ability to customise products to customer requests, assembly orders may be automatically created and linked as soon as the sales order line is created. The link between the sales demand and the assembly supply enables sales order processors to customise the assembly item on the fly, promise delivery dates according to component availability, and to post output and shipment of the assembled item directly from their sales order interface.
- Manufacturing: Dynamics 365 Business Central manages Manufacturing operation through planning, material issue according to production BOMs, actual production operations start and execution in the sequence defined by the production order routing. An important part of executing production, from a system point of view, is to post production output to the database to report progress and to update inventory with the finished items. Output posting can be done manually, by filling and posting journal lines after production operations. Or, it can be done automatically with the use of backward flushing. In that case material consumption is automatically posted along with output when the production order changes to finished.
- Warehouse Management: Business Central manages complete set of activities after goods are received and before goods are shipped through basic or advanced warehouse configuration. This involves a series of internal warehouse activities that ensure an effective flow through the warehouse while organising and maintaining company inventories. Typical warehouse activities involve putting items away, moving items inside or between warehouses, and picking items for assembly, production, or shipment. It can managed large warehouses that involve different handling tasks performed by separate departments and the integration managed by a directed workflow. In simpler installations, the flow is less formalised and the warehouse activities are performed with so-called inventory put-aways and inventory picks.
- Service Management: Business Central facilitates an ongoing services to customers that lead to better customer satisfaction, loyalty and revenue. It manages this managing and tracking service with a set of tools designed to support repair shop and field service operations. The Business Central Service module can be used in business scenarios such as complex customer service distribution systems, industrial service environments with bills of materials, and high volume dispatching of service technicians with requirements for spare parts management. These tools can Schedule service calls and set up service orders,
Track repair parts and supplies, Assign service personnel based on skill and availability, Provide service estimates and service invoices. In addition, it can implement standardise coding, set up contracts, implement a discounting policy, and create route maps for service employees.
- Company Hub: Business Central provides for setting up multiple companies that facilitates working of people working in multiple companies such as external accountants or employees and managers of corporations with multiple subsidiaries. For these users, and many others, the company hub serves as a landing page for managing work across the various environments that they work in, across companies, environments, and regions.
- Local Functionality: Business Central has a combined localisation strategy inclusive of both Microsoft-led and partner-led models. With this, we are able to apply and configure Australia specific functionality in Dynamics 365 such as:
- Withholding Tax
- Set Up Withholding Tax
- Set Up Revenue Types for Withholding Tax
- Set Up Suppliers Without ABN for Calculating the Withholding Tax
- Calculate and Post Withholding Tax Settlements
- View Withholding Tax Entries
- View Posted Tax Invoices
- View Posted US Tax CR / Adjustment Notes
- Set Up Goods and Service Tax Posting
- Calculate Goods and Services Tax on Prepayments
- Adjust Settlement Exchange Rates for GST Entries
- Print Goods and Service Tax Settlement Reports
- Banking & Payments
- Compare Bank Cash Flow
- Create Cheque Installments
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
- Print Bank Account Reconciliation Reports
- Print Deposit Slip Reports
- Core Finance
- Set Up Business Units for Business Activity Statements
- Print Balance Sheet Reports
- Print Income Statements
- Calculating Distribution
- Determine Sales Price by Cost Plus Percentage
- Enter Australian Business Numbers
- Payment Times Reporting
- Security, Privacy and Compliance
- Security: Business Central comes with an enterprise grade built-in security system that protects database and the information that it contains from unauthorised access. It allows to set up system in such a way that only the authorised users are allowed access the database, such as what data they can read and modify. Please ask for more details.
- Privacy: Microsoft commits in strong contractual guarantees, so you can trust that we’ll protect the privacy and confidentiality of your data and will only use it in a way that’s consistent with your expectations.
Business Central contains functionality and is built on a platform that makes it easy for customers to comply with compliance and regulatory legislation. Please ask for details on compliance for Application, GDPR, International Accounting Standards, Service Compliance and Certifications